Sound and Vibration Instrument Hire and Calibration
Sony D7 and D8 Specifications
|TCD D7 and D8 Sony DAT Recorder - dual channel||£ 5 a day *|
Signal Format :
Sampling Frequency - Record : 48 kHz / 32 kHz analogue / digital inputs
Sampling Frequency - Playback : 48 kHz / 41.1 kHz analogue / digital
D/A Conversion : 1-bit
A/D Conversion : 1-bit
Encoding/Decoding SP : 16-bit linear
Encoding/Decoding LP : 12-bit non-linear
Frequency Response - SP : 2 Hz to 22 kHz ± 0.5 dB
Frequency Response - LP : 2 Hz to 14.5 kHz ± 0.5 dB
Signal to Noise Ratio - SP : > 92 dB, SBM off
Signal to Noise Ratio - LP : > 92 dB
Distortion - SP : < 0.0045 % at 1 kHz, SBM off
Distortion - LP : 0.08 %
Wow and Flutter : unmeasurable
Analogue Input / Output :
Input Level - Microphone : 0.4 mV
Input Impedance - Microphone : 4.7 kohms
Input Level - Line : 500 mV
Input Impedance - Line : 47 kΩ
Output Level - Line : 500 mV
Output Impedance - Line : 470 Ω
Headphone Level : 5 mW + 5 mW
Headphone Impedance : 27 Ω
Tape Speed :
Standard Play : 8.15 mm/sec
Long Play : 4.075 mm/sec
Power Supply : 4 x AA batteries
Power consumption : 1.2 watts
Size - W x H x D : 133 x 37 x 88 mm
Weight with batteries : 510 g : 18 oz
- The following main modifications were made by Norsonic to some of our Sony D7 and D8 Recorders.
- Power Saver Circuit - the recorder switches to standby if the keys are not activated for about 3 minutes and when restarting, the output signal can shift between 0.2 dB and 4 dB. The Norsonic modification corrects this error in the digital circuits.
- The recording level potentiometer is removed and the potentiometer glued to avoid errors.
- The Music / Line / Speech switch is strapped to the Line setting.
- Channel separation is extended from < 20 dB at some frequencies to > 65 dB.
- The level error between channels was up to 1 dB. The Norsonic modification improves this to ± 0.05 dB at 1 kHz and ± 0.2 dB from 20 to 20 kHz. The frequency range i.e. 20 to 22 kHz ± 1 dB depending upon the sampling rate, is unaffected by the modifications.