Sound and Vibration Instrument Hire and Calibration
Metra KS76 Specifications
|Metra KS76 - Accelerometer - IEPE type
||£ 4 a day *|
Accessories : all in a plastic case with foam cut outs
| Piezo Design || Shear |
| Voltage Sensitivity ||5 mV/ms-2 ± 2% ≈ 50 mV/g - see calibration certificate |
| Frequency Response || 0.3 Hz .. 10 kHz - see calibration certificate |
| Residual Noise [20 .. 50 kHz] || 0.8 mms-2 ≈ 80 µg |
| Linear Range || ± 1200 ms-2 |
| Maximum operational shock (Peak) || 5000 g |
| Constant Current Supply || 2 to 20 mA |
| Output Bias Voltage || 8 to 12 V |
| Resonant Frequency || > 34 kHz |
| Transverse Sensitivity || < 5 % |
| Operating Temperature Range || -20 to 120 °C |
| Temperature Coefficient || -0.16 %/K |
| Temperature Transient Sensitivity || 0.08 ms-2/K |
| Magnetic Field Sensitivity || 12 ms-2/T |
| Weight without cable || 23 grams |
| Case Material || Stainless Steel |
| Cable Connection || Axial |
| Cable Connector Thread || 10-32 UNF |
| Mounting Thread || in base - M5 |
| Recommended cable || Low noise accelerometer type |
- 001 Probe : attach the accelerometer via the M5 thread, press onto the test object perpendicularly - for estimating and trending measurements above 5 Hz and below 1000 Hz.
- 002 Adhesive Wax : For quick mounting of light sensors at room temperature and low acceleration. Roll wax in fingers to soften, smear thinly on test surface and press transducer onto the wax - using the DB 0765 cement stud avoids wax blocking the accelerometer thread.
- 004 Cable Clamps : If screwed onto the test object together with the accelerometer, it avoids any force introduced via the cable into the transducer.
- 006 Insulating Flange : with M5 threads and 'spanner'. Avoids earth loop problems, not recommended above 100 °C.
- 008 Mounting Magnet : with M5 mounting thread, suitable for fixing to a magnetic object with a smooth surface. If not available weld or epoxy a steel mounting pad to the test surface. For the best high frequency result apply a thin layer of silicon grease between the surfaces.
- 017 Cable Adaptor : BNC / 10-32 UNF
- 050 Cable : with 10-32 UNF plugs - 1.5 m long, 80 °C.
- DB 0765 Cement Stud : 10-32 UNF thread - 14 mm Ø - on sale or return
- QA 0013 Hexagon Key : for tightening 10-32 UNF studs
- YQ 2960 Mounting Stud : 10-32 UNF thread, 12 mm long. This is the best fixing method and for the best high frequency performance. Apply a thin layer of silicon grease between the sensor and the test surface. Recommended torque = 1 Nm.
E&OE - specifications subject to change without notice.