Sound and Vibration Instrument Hire and Calibration
Larson Davis HVM100 Specifications
|HVM100 Vibration White Finger Meter||£ 24 a day *|
|HVM100 Hand Arm and Whole Body Vibration Meter Hire||£ 34 a day *|
The Larson Davis HVM100 Human Vibration Meter is a Type 1 instrument designed for assessing vibration as perceived by human beings.Standards
The HVM100 meets the requirements of BS EN ISO 8041:1990(E) including Amendment 1: 1999(E).
- Inputs : ICP sensors, charge output sensors or direct voltage.
- Input Range : >100 dB in multiple ranges.
- Range Gain : x1, x10, x100, x1000.
- Calibration : By level or key-in accelerometer sensitivities.
- Units : ms-2, cms-2, fts-2, ins-2, g, dB.
- Vibration Parameters : Ams, Amin, Amax, Aeq, Amp, Peak.
- Hand Arm Parameters : Arms, Amin, Amax, Aeq, Amp, Peak, A(1), A(2), A(4), A(8) Allowed Exposure Time.
- Whole Body Parameters : Arms, Amin, Amax, Aeq, Amp, Peak, CFmp, CF, VDV.
- Vibration Frequency Ratings : Ws (Severity), Fa (0.4 Hz to 100 Hz), Fb (0.4 Hz to 1250 Hz), Fc (6.3 Hz to 1250 Hz).
- Hand Arm Frequency Ratings : Wh.
- Whole Body : Wb, Wc, Wd, We, Wg, Wj, Wk, WB.
- Setups : Store up to 10 user setups.
- Memory : 100 measurements, 1 minute to 99 hours.
- Time History : 120 samples of Arms and Peak at a period of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 30, 60 seconds.
- Interface : RS-232 on 8-pin DIN, up to 115 kbps.
- AC Outputs - 3 channels : Weighted or band-limited.
- DC Outputs - 3 channels : rms, min, max, peak, sum rms, sum max, sum min, sum peak.
- Output Impedance : 475 ohms - all outputs.
- Peak : ± 0.5 dB accuracy.
Effects of Temperature
The RMS level varies ±0.5 dB when the complete instrument is tested over the - 10° C to 50° C temperature range. The reference reading, for this test, is taken at 20° C and 36% relative humidity (RH); the input signal is at 79.6 Hz.
The RMS level varies ±0.5 dB when the complete instrument is tested over the 30% to 90% RH range. This test is performed at 40° C, with an input signal of 79.6 Hz.
Permanent damage can occur when stored or operated above 60° C or below -20° C. Condensation of moisture will make readings inaccurate. When condensation dissipates, readings should return to normal.
The RMS level varies ±0.5 dB when the complete instrument is tested in an 80 A/m, 60 Hz magnetic field (worst case orientation).
The instrument meets the specifications for susceptibility to vibration in accordance with BS EN ISO 8041:1990(E) section 7.1.
At power-on, allow the instrument to stabilize, approximately 20 seconds, prior to performing any measurements. When changing from one type of input (Direct/Charge/ICP®) to another or when changing the instruments gain settings, allow 10 seconds of stabilization time prior to performing a new measurement.
- 1/2 Mega Byte Memory
- Capable of storing 100 files and 10 setups
- 2 minute (typical) data retention for clock during battery change
- RS-232 Serial Interface
- Maximum Data Rate: 115,000 bits per second
- 2 line, 32 digit, 7 segment LCD display
- Full ASCII character set
- 0.1 dB resolution
- Accuracy: 0.02% (-10° C to 50° C)
- 24 hour clock: hh:mm
- Year 2000 Compliant
- One second resolution
- Format: hh:mm:ss
- Maximum run time: 99:59:59
- Operates with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- Typically operates for 12 hours (Charge/Direct modes)
- Battery life is reduced to approximately 4 hours when using ICP accelerometers.
- External Power: 7-30 volts DC
- Width: 3.25 inches (8.3 cm)
- Length: 6.0 inches (15.2 cm)
- Depth: 1.0 inches (2.5 cm)
- Weight: 9.8 ounces (279 grams) - including batteries