Sound and Vibration Basics
Many of our customers have sound level measurements thrust upon them and for a short period in their lives they are expected to understand the terms and sometimes complex parameters we use every day. So this section is aimed at the non-specialists.
Select one if the links below to read some basic information on the topic.
- Background Noise
- dB - the decibel
- Frequency Weightings A, B, C, D, Flat, Lin, Linear and Z
- Integrating Sound Level Meters
- Leq - equivalent continuous noise level
- Measurement Microphones
- Noise Dose
- Reverberation Time RT60, etc.
- Sound Absorption
- Sound Energy
- Sound Exposure SEL, etc.
- Sound Fields
- Sound Insulation
- Sound Intensity
- Sound Level Meters - the basics
- Sound Power
- Sound Pressure SPL, Lp, etc.
- Sound Waves
- Speech STIPA
- Statistical Noise Levels L10, L90, etc.
- Time Weightings Fast, Slow, Impulse and PEAK
- Tone Assessment
- Vibration DoseVDV